REFLECT: Raising awareness and stimulating Executive Functioning and Social Emotional Learning by integrating Evidence based strategies in the Classroom to empower pupils, Teachers and parents.
Imagine if is the UK partner in a 3-year Erasmus+ project involving 6 countries: Greece, Sweden, Belgium, Spain, Portugal and the UK.
The aim of the project is to raise awareness about Social Emotional Learning and Executive Functioning for all those working with 8 - 12-year-olds, as well as the children themselves. By integrating evidence-based strategies into everyday activities, inside and outside the classroom, we can empower pupils, teachers, support staff and parents with an understanding of SELF, stimulating the development of SELF in everyone.
The range of partners creates a dynamic, collaborative approach:
- VZW TOPunt Ghent (Association of Pupil Guidance Centres), Belgium
- University of Granada, Psychology Department, Spain
- Altera Vita, Social Cooperative Enterprise of Cyclades (Training in Communities), Greece
- Skolutvecklarna Sverige AB (Enterprise Teacher Training/Psychological Support), Sweden
- University of Evora, Psychology Department, Portugal
- Imagine if Partnership Ltd, UK
Over the 3-year project, ending in 2022, we are creating a cross national resource to enhance SELF. We are working with schools to pilot the approach and resources, collecting extensive feedback for evaluation.
Throughout REFLECT, imagine if is seeking to work with additional partners from health, education and community organisations within the UK, gathering input from a range of specialists who have interest and experience in this area. Connecting with other partners helps achieve synergies to maximise the positive impact on the health and well-being of children, families and whole communities.